Now, the SMS is playing the important role in our daily life. I believe that anybody will send and receive the SMS if they got an mobile phone. And I prefer to save some important SMS to other place so that I can restore it when some day I just install another ROM into my android phone. And today I want to share you 3 best SMS backup and restore apps for android.
1. SMS Backup (Rated: 4.6)
This apps will automatically backs up SMS messages to your Gmail account after you set it. You need to have IMAP enabled in your Gmail preferences, which must be done through a computer.
2. SMS Backup + (Rated: 4.6)
Automatically backup SMS, MMS and call log entries using a separate label in Gmail / Google Calendar. It is also possible to restore SMS and call log entries back to the phone (MMS not supported yet). Remember to enable IMAP in Gmail and set the correct time/zone.
Please note that auto backup might not work reliably when SMS Backup+ is installed on the SD card. Future version will hopefully fix this, in the meantime please move it back to phone memory if possible.
3. SMS Backup & Restore (Rated: 4.7)
- SMS Backup & Restore is a simple Android app that backs up and restores your phone’s text messages.
- Schedule automatic backups or backup your messages anytime you wish.
- You can view backup contents on your phone, and choose to backup selected conversations only.
- Backups are created in XML format and saved to your device’s SD card.
- The XML can then be converted to other formats, and can also be viewed on a computer.
- It’s easy to e-mail your backup files anywhere you wish.