I love android because it’s easy to use. And when the UI bored me, I can change it without root. I just need to install a new launcher for my phone. OK, we can also find so many different launchers from Google Play. But most of them can only be compatible with Android 2. So how can we do with Android 4.0? Don’t worry, today I just pick up 5 best launchers for Android 4.0+ Only. It�s a bit hard to find them all. Just let’s check them!
5. QQLauncher (Rated: 4.4)
QQ Launcher is a superior Android-based desktop application, and the newest version support Android 4.0 and 720P resolution.
- Built-in widgets such as shortcut switches and task manager;
- Impressive screen-switching effects (menu > settings > screen);
- A complete set of program management functions, free sequencing, multidimensional arrangements, and smart searches;
- Quick access to the Store for users to download applications anytime;
- Custom folders that classify applications;
- One-key desktop relocation without losing anything. (Tapping OK after the first installation will guide you through importing default desktop icons.)
- Provide several sets of personalized skin;
- Cool Lock Screen.
4. Apex Launcher (Rated: 4.4)
Apex Launcher helps you create a customized homescreen experience on your Android (4.0+) device.
- Customizable homescreen grid size and up to 9 homescreens
- Scrollable dock with up to 7 icons per page and up to 5 pages
- Infinite & elastic scrolling (homescreen, drawer and dock)
- Fancy transition effects (tablet, cube, etc.)
- Hide elements as you want (persistent search bar, status bar, or even the dock)
- Customizable icons and labels for shortcuts and folders
- Choose different folder preview styles and background
- Multiple drawer styles (transparent/opaque, horizontal/vertical, paginated/continuous)
- Drawer apps sorting (title, install date, mostly used)
- Hide apps from the drawer
- Lock your desktop to prevent accidental changes
- Enjoy homescreen gestures (pinch, swipe up/down, double tap)
- Advanced theme engine (icon packs, skins, etc.)
- Backup/restore settings and data
- Optimized for both phones and tablets
- Lots of other customization options!
3. ADW.Launcher (Rated: 4.4)
ADW.Launcher, beyond tweaking your android desktop with gighly customizable home replacement application.
- It’s compatible with android versions from 1.6 to 4.1!
- It’s highly customizable, almost in every aspect you can think of.
- Thousands of skins and themes with support for most popular launcher themes!
- Mix and match your skins, icons, docks, folders, etc
- Configure your applications in unlimited groups and hide unwanted apps.
- Fast setup screen with fast access to add items or configure everything.
- Gestures for fast operation (swipe up/down, 2-fingers swipe up/down, pinch in/out, etc)
- Configurable Actionbar, similar to android 3.x+ tablet interface.
- Screens editor to add,remove, swap and resize your desktop screens.
- Configurable visual desktop indicators.
- Easy folder tweaking and management, content previews, arrangement, colors, etc.
- New AppWidget picker for devices running Android 4.1 and newer.
- Icons editor to create your own customized shortcuts or edit existing ones
- AppWidget resizing
- AppWidget backup/restore (only for android 4.1 and newer)
- Customizable applications dock with support for unlimited shortcuts with paginated scroll.
- Lots of settings to play with: texts, colours, animations, sizes… you should dig in!
2. Zeam Launcher (Rated: 4.6)
Zeam Launcher isn’t the most complete launcher regarding either themes nor configurable options. However, it’s probably the fastest and the lightest. However, it has the basic animations and transitions, as well as all the basic features that a launcher should have. The purpose of its basic character is to speed up your phone. And it does achieve it.
- 1 to 7 screens configurable
- Default screen configurable
- Screen looping (on / off)
- Elastic (overshoot) screen scrolling
- Screen indicator (slider or dots)
- Screen content grid configurable (rows / columns)
- Screen wallpaper scrolling (on / off)
- Screen pinch previews
- Screen icon labels can be hidden
- Screen widget size spanning configurable
- Custom shortcut selector colours
- Endless drag ‘n drop arrangable scrollable dock
- Dock default backgrounds
- Dock item alignment (start, center, end)
- Dock item spacing (small, medium, large)
- Dock item reset (start, center, end)
- And more…
1. Nova Launcher (Rated: 4.7)
Highly customizable, performance driven, home screen replacement for Android 4.0+.
- Scrollable Dock:Keep all your favorite apps on the dock, with up to 7 icons per page and up to 3 pages.
- Customizable App Drawer: Transparency; Scrolling style, choose between horizontal paginated or vertical continuous
- Scroll Effects: Enjoy eye candy when scrolling your desktop and drawer. Effects include Cube and Cardstack and more for Prime users.
- Infinite Scroll: Never be far from your favorite page, loop through your desktop continuously.
- Folder Icons: You can chose a background, preview style or even replace the whole icon.
- Backup/Restore: Export your settings and layout before a wipe to quickly get back up and running.
- Widgets in dock: Add any 1×1 widget to the dock
- Bulk Add: Add multiple apps to the desktop or a folder at once
- Activities shortcut: Select hidden activities from your favorite apps