Good news to all Samsung galaxy s3 users, the international version of Samsung galaxy s3, which have been the world�s best-selling smartphone, now already received the much anticipated Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean update over-the-air. Many major national carriers has released Android Jelly for the device, and other Carrier-branded versions like Verizon Wireless should be able to receive the update soon as Samsung is railroading updates for its devices. But some only offer an update that must completed via Samsung Kies software and is not offered over the air.
The new Android 4.12 Jelly Bean Update brings a list of amazing features now only located in Samsung Galaxy Note 2 to Samsung S3, like highly-anticipated Multi View multitasking system, Smart Rotation function , camera filters, low-light photo mode, an easy mode and so on. For some people you may find it is difficult for you to update or wait any longer. So here I will show you How to update Android 4.1 Jelly Bean on Galaxy S3 immediately.
- Be sure to backup your data before starting the update
- Make sure your battery is at least 50% charged.
- Make sure that you have install Kies software on the computer, and if you don’t have Kies, you can download it from Samsung website.
For international version:
If the software update didn�t popped up in the notifications area, you can update your Samsung Galaxy S3 to Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean by connecting the terminal to Kies or OTA, by manually checking for the update for the latter method. Just go to Settings > About Device > Software Update > Check for Updates and see whether the new firmware has rolled out for your device.
Here’s How to Update Your AT&T Samsung Galaxy S III to Android 4.1 Jelly Bean
- Connect your Samsung Galaxy S III to your PC or laptop using the supplied USB cable. Ensure that Kies recognizes your device by looking in the upper section of the left-bar navigation menu. Your device should be listed.
- Kies Device Once Kies recognizes the device you will see a screen stating new firmware is available.
- Click Update.
- Read through the Caution pop-up and, if you agree, click to populate the I have read all of the above information checkbox.
- Read the Allow saving of information statement and select Allow saving or Proceed without saving and then click Start upgrade.
- After a few minutes, Kies will then begin transferring the firmware binary to the device.
- Then after a while the upgrade is completed.
- If completed a data backup from your device to Kies prior to performing the update, you can now restore that data back to the device under the new Jelly Bean operating system
Here is another method I have find for you if you can�t wait the update anymore, the article which show you how to manually install Samsung Galaxy S3 Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean update from website thedroidguy.com. Of course, this is just for people who are willing to take the risk because manual updating is not always safe for your device. I have not try this method to find whether it is safe for your smartphone so just be careful. If you are interested in, just click the link to view.